Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why do I try to rush summer out the door?

It's the end of September, and I am living in a fog.
I clearly remember last month at this time--just looking longingly at the calendar for the new school year to start.

It's not that I don't love my eight children, but 10 weeks of summer bliss is just about all this mom can take.  (I say this lovingly, of course!)
In any case.......after jumping through the Back To School hoops of fire to purchase the latest and greatest lunch boxes, backpacks, sneakers, trendy clothes and of course notebooks, rulers, scientific calculators, sharpies etc. etc..., I was more than ready to welcome that glorious yellow bus back into my life again.

First day of school has come and gone.  The Open Houses have nearly come and gone.  The homework has been flowing like honey from a bees nest, field trip notices are plastered to our message board and I practically live in my car 24/7 with practices and after-school events happening at the speed of light. 

So why was I in such a rush to get summer out the door?  Beats me!  I now realize how much easier I had it to listen to their whining about being bored and "what are we doing today" because I was in full control over the schedule!  Did I mention how much I love making 7 lunches each night, too?

Well, I've been at this mothering thing for 16 year's now, and you'd think I'd learn after all these years to never wish time away--no matter what!

With that in mind--I'm going to go park myself on the couch with three little boys that are quite anxious to pick out the hottest halloween costumes we can find.  It's late September--but what the heck--no time like the present to take care of things like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment